Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Two on Tuesday

How do Tuesdays continue to sneak up on me so quickly?  I mean, Mondays always sneak up too quickly, so I suppose it makes sense with Tuesday to follow ;-) 



Things making me happy this week:

1.  Fun adventures on the weekend with Jonathan.  On Sunday night we both found ourselves reflecting on how enjoyable these "quick" trips can be, and we treasure these memories just as much as the bigger vacations.  I owe you all a post with pictures from our weekend trip to Buffalo, which extended into a day trip to the US side of Niagara Falls for my first time in, at least, 2 decades.  I'll try to post pictures before this weekend's "adventures" begin!

2. New crochet projects.  I know right?  Like I need to start something new...
Anyway, I came across this Crochet Mood Blanket 2014 while catching up on some blogs earlier, and as I dug a little deeper, it seems there are thousands who have joined in!!  I've read about and looked at photos for inspirations here, and here, and here, and here, and here.  I'm still toying around with what design I want to use.  Right now I like this and this, but my "research" hasn't been too extensive just yet.  I'm always looking at so many gorgeous square patterns and never know just what to do with them; finally a fun opportunity to use one!!  I, of course, need to pick one that's going to be easy to pick up every night and make a square with.  I don't foresee myself being able to get a good start on this until this weekend as I'll need to brainstorm a bit on colors and dig through the old stash.  I also need to do some math on the final blanket size to see how much "catch up" I have to do (how is it already the middle of January!!?!)

As always, so little time for so many crafty ideas!

7 comments:

  1. So true about SO MANY crafty ideas. I still have so many things from my crochet every day challenge to create, but then I find something fun and new. 2014 is the year to sit down and focus on finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with getting "everything" finished this year!! Most of my W-I-P's are still packed from last year's move so I totally let myself forget all about them!! LOL

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking and thinking about the mood blanket - I can't make up my mind though. I'm still thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi - you definitely should! All of the beautiful square patterns that you've designed and posted definitely popped into my mind yesterday as far in "research" that I need to do for the best square to use!!

      Delete
    2. That's so sweet - I'm glad you like my square patterns. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a neat and fun idea. Wishing you lots of good luck crochet wishes. I'll look forward to seeing your photos. I'm from NY, born in Albany and my grandparents lived on Lake Champlain in Westport. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. small world!!! we are as far West as you can be and still be in NY so it's only about 90 min to Buffalo (when I lived in Manhattan it was actually a longer drive than our drive to DC!)

      Delete