Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's starting to all make sense.....



I keep questioning why it is that I only have posts to share, typically on Mondays with my "weekend recap" or Fridays discussing what I want to do over the weekend.  Last night/this morning it finally hit me - there just isn't enough time on week nights for me to craft enough to actually SHARE the following day!  I mean, I'm fairly certain that you would all stop reading my blog if each day there was a picture of some small about of crocheting, or half finished project posted with some detailed description of what I did....that's what the diary I've never been good about keeping is for right?

Anyway, this is the reason that I can't post "craft things" during the week.  Last night I left work on time and was in SUCH a mood to crochet.  My 45 min commute home, took almost an hour, thanks to a disabled car taking out one lane and backing up traffic for the last 2 miles.  No, an additional almost 15 min doesn't sound like a lot, but it does become discouraging when you're sitting there in your car alone thinking about all you wanted to be doing at home!  Once home, changed and after eating dinner, it was after 7.  I was still ready to go with one of my many crochet projects.  I probably didn't crochet for more than an hour though before my couch pillows looked all too inviting....and that was that.  My head never left those pillows again until it was time to go to bed!  As I was getting ready for work this morning, I looked longingly at my yarn on the couch and thought, "I can't wait until it's the weekend when I have more time for you!"

What I did think would be fun this afternoon, was answering these questions from Rachel's blog.  Reminds me of the days of hotmail accounts where you would be on a mass mailing of friends you'd read their answers, fill in your own answers and then send it to another big group of friends:

1. Since I admitted my celebrity crushes, past and present . . . go ahead and name one (or two, or three) of yours. Male or female. Heaven knows I have plenty of each.
Rachel, your answer to this one was my favorite of ALL your answers.  I believe my answer reads about the same:  Zach from Saved by the Bell. Lance Bass Justin Timberlake from N’Sync. Jonathan Taylor Thomas in his Home Improvement/Lion King days.

2. What’s your favorite book?
"Reflections and Dreams" by Nora Roberts.  silly yes, but it was the first Nora Roberts book I ever read and it's about a ballet dancer!  I love fluff books 1. because little thinking is involved, and 2.  fluff reading reminds me of summer time when only fluff books should be legal on the beach/at the pool.

3. What are your 5 favorite TV shows?
Currently: "Grey's Anatomy", "Glee", "Suburagatory",  "Modern Family", "Smash", "30 Rock"
Always:  "So You Think You Can Dance", "The West Wing", "Friends", "Frasier", "I Love Lucy"

4. Guilty pleasure?
extra-buttery popcorn, like soggy with butter

5. Any goals you’re currently working on?
being better with housework like cooking dinner, the dishes, picking up through out the week, etc.

6. A trend or style you've wanted to try, but been scared to?
cut my hair to a bob

7. A skill you’d love to learn?
I'd love to be a better knitter - maybe the ski9ll to learn is how to fix mistakes when knitting so I'm not so scared to try something!

8. If you had a day to yourself with unlimited money to spend and no obligations, what would you do?
I feel as though I should have an answer of helping people, etc but honestly, as I girl on a budget I would shop until the money was gone!  clothes, shoes, beauty products, yarn, fabric, the list goes on.....compulsive shopping would be my 2nd guilty pleasure by the way

9. A person (living or dead) you’d love to meet?

10. If you weren’t doing the career you’re doing now (being a stay-at-home mom counts as a career), what would you want to be doing instead?
Well, if I'd stuck with what I'd gone to school for, I'd likely be a waitress or barista at Starbucks.  For those of you who didn't know, I went to college for musical theatre, but moved home after college for financial reasons.  I started dating Jonathan the end of that summer, moved to DC with him 5 months late, and well, the rest is history I guess ;-)
My "dream job" is to be a stay at home mom!

11. What are the names you want/wanted to give your kids until your meanie-pants spouse vetoed them?


Sorry to have crossed out 2 questions but I've likely put more time into this than I should, and my late lunch break is over so it's time to get back to work!

HAPPY LEAP DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment