Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'd rather be crocheting

Who would want to get up and go to work if you woke up with a migraine and saw this:


There are buildings in past that fog....it should look more like this:


I got a cup of coffee and forced myself to get ready for my day, but not without taking a few minutes of procrastination to take pictures of the projects I'd rather be working on!

Not too much progress has been made on the Eggplant Infinity - I did no crocheting during the Emmy's on Sunday or Glee last night (which is fairly out of character - I blame this cold I'm still fighting).  About 2 more rows have been done, I was obviously more myself on Monday during DWTS

 It's hard to see much, I know - my lighting attempts did not go as planned...

The desk lamp worked well to show the detail up close though - it's almost like a thick ribbing, I'm liking my sort of newly created stitch that I'm using!

I also did work on my CAL cowl back on Friday night and I forgot to post my progress!  This is after the first skein of yarn.  I don't plan on needing the full 2nd skein, the recipient of this gift will not want something extra long for fashion purposes so I'm only going to go long enough to easily wrap it around your neck twice.  It's cold in WNY in the winter, you need something nice and warm around your neck!


I've also been timing myself while making the cowl.  Not a "how many days until completed", but "how many minutes/hours do I spend crocheting before it's done".  It's going well and I think I'll be averaging about what I would assume it takes me to crochet a scarf.  After every blanket I've ever made I always wished I'd kept track of the hours I put into it so this is my first step to doing that in the future!

Those are my WIPs this week - what are you working on?

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful view you have - my view out the front is my neighbors work van that he insists on parking in front of my house. My view out the back isn't too much better. I hope you feel better soon. Migraines are the worst.

    I'm just working on baby blankies. :)

    ReplyDelete