Friday, October 22, 2010

So close!

So who would have thought that instead of sitting on my couch bitching and giving those yarn tails the stink eye that if I actually sat there and worked on weaving them in while catching up on the phone with a good friend (she was on speakerphone) and then spending about 10 minutes before leaving for work this morning that I could get so many of those little buggers taken care of!! Seriously, at 7:05 this a.m. I was mad that I couldn't just finish it up - if I wouldn't have been late for work by doing so, I totally was have sat there and finished! But look so close!!



Yes, just 3 of those little guys to go! 13 done 3 to go! Pretty excited, I really want to get a border on it and be able to move onto something else! Oh and be able to wear that little beauty :-)

I made the realization/decision yesterday that I think that in order to get all of my holiday crafting done I'm going to keep getting up at 5:30 to get ready for work - even on the days when I don't have to be in until 8:30 as this will give me around an hour or so to sit and work on a project before leaving for the day! Now don't get me wrong, I'm really not that much of a morning person, but once I'm up I'm up and if I've got my coffee and a blanket I feel like this is a perfect time for me to take advantage of. Most nights when I get home from work, I don't get much crafting done after eating dinner as I'm just too tired from working all day and too full for eating ;-) This means I only get large chunks finished on the weekends, and that just really doesn't give me enough time to get it all done. Seems to me it's just much more logical for me to go to bed a bit earlier, get a full nights sleep and do some productive crafting in the morning!

I'm telling ya, I'm gonna be so on top of it this year!


Oh, and I believe fall is officially upon us. We went for a hayride and had a bonfire with friends last night. It was crazy chilly and if it wasn't for this guy, I would not have lasted!



It was cold, I'm exhausted for so little sleep last night and am rockin' the glasses and bun today but it was still lots of fun!

Now, if I could only figure out when it is that my apartment building would like to go ahead of get the heat on already!! It's October 22nd, I think it's fair to say that we're not getting another heat wave and will no need the AC again until spring! Even Metro is talking about managing another Snowmageddon if it were to hit again this year, TURN ON THE HEAT ALREADY!!!

P.S. that goes for my office building too - I'm wearing my scarf still and think it may be snowing behind me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment