Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time to be Thankful

Since I'm stuck at work on "Thanksgiving Eve" with very few others who are not already traveling today - I thought I should take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving now. Jon and I fly out tomorrow morning for Michigan, and I will most likely not be online again until we return to DC on Saturday. I know, whatever will I do with myself with out FB and g-chat in my life right? haha So this is my chance to wish a happy start to their holidays and I hope that everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow with family and friends!
There is no doubt that it was been an extremely hard, stressful, challenging year for me. This does not make me any less thankful for the wonderful things that I do have, still have or have come to me in the last 365 days.
  • I am thankful that I had the strength to walk into Lucky and express my reasoning for knowing that it was time to move on. This was very difficult for me to do, God knows I cried. And although I miss it just about daily, there are many things that I do not miss and many reasons that I have become a better person without the "retail lifestyle". And yes, I do miss more than my discount :-)
  • I am very thankful for finding such a wonderful job. I really do love it here, I have a great boss, great co-workers and have made some great friends in the 7 months since I started. I went through a pretty rough batch of not being thankful for my job in early '08. It was a time where I very much regretted giving up my position at Lucky. I now have a hard time thinking about things being any different than they are now. I love having my weekends off (you could even say I'm thankful for them! hehe).
  • Most of you know how hard it has been for me to have Grannie dealing with so much illness this past year - since February really. I am thankful that her surgery was a success and that they were finally able to pinpoint what the problem had been all this time and fix it. I am so very thankful that after 11 days in the hospital, 3 of them in ICU, she has been moved to Greenhurst rehabilitation facility for a 20 day rehab program! Apparently her insurance will pay for her to be there for 20 days though my mom don't fully foresee her needing that much time there. Obviously she is still weak and healing but my mom said that when she can move around without all the wires and with shoes on, she just takes off. No surprise really considering what a strong willed women she is. I am thankful for her recovery and I look forward to spending our birthdays and the Christmas season together!
  • I am thankful for my friends and family. My parents who put up with me and all my "only child" characteristics that haven't worn off even as I approach my 25th year. They support me in many ways and I wish it was easier to get home more often. To my friends, both old and new - thank you for sticking by me through both the good and bad parts of my year and accepting me for who I am. I know that I am not always the best friend I could be to you. I wish I could say that it will be better in 2009, but I won't make a promise that I'm not sure I can keep. I will try my best though to at least be a better friend. You all are to me, so you deserve at least that much from me in return. I love you all!
  • I am thankful for getting to spend and share another year of my life with Jonathan. Through the good and bad times, we have prevailed. He pushes me to be a better person that I was a month a ago, a year ago, 4 years ago and on. I am thankful that he cares about me enough to see the potential that I don't let myself see. So thank you Jon, it is appreciated more than I always let on. I love you.
Alright, I've decided that this post has become just a little too sappy. I'm done so please stop rolling your eyes at me :-) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment