Wednesday, June 13, 2012

All caught up!


So I’ve finally caught up on everything I’d missed in my “blog-i-verse” while on vacation, and I’m pretty well caught up at work.  I’ve caught up on NOTHING at home!  The luggage that made it out of the car so very very early on Monday morning is all still sitting exactly where it was dropped around 1:30 a.m.  Only difference is that most of the bags have been opened to locate something and there are a few items scattered around the perimeter of each opening.  I’m pretty OCD most days, but I’m so tired when I get home from work and so exhausted from trying to get over this blasted cold that I couldn’t care less that I have to climb over Jonathan’s suitcase in the middle of the living room floor, or that you have to turn a light on by my bathroom to make sure you don’t get a foot caught in one of the straps of the bags sitting there.  This morning while getting ready for work, I thought about how I wish I could put everything away then….but life doesn’t work that way, and honestly, the mess will still be there waiting for me when I get up on Saturday morning.  The pool in our building doesn’t open until 11:30 so I figure I’ll set my coffee pot before I go to bed on Friday night and knock out everything on Saturday morning.  Well everything except for all the clothes, shoes, etc. that need to be put away in the bedroom – I’m up HOURS before Jonathan on the weekends J

Still no new news on the crocheting front.  I do have my Florida project that’s 80% completed, but it’s a gift so I’m waiting until it’s finished to post.  I haven’t touched it though since the car ride – Monday night was spent posting vacation pictures to FB and last night I dedicated to painting nails and watching Downton Abbey.

I did find this AWESOME new pattern that I’m kind of drooling over at work today – I keep reopening the window on my computer to look at all the pretty colors!  I’d love to start this tonight……
  1. “SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Finish the Florida project, or oh I don’t know, Holly, why don’t you at least work to finish one of the THREE blankets you already have started, or finally weave in the ends to this baby!”……*side bar – I brought the Seaside Stripe in a bag to FL with me thinking that if it was cold with the AC on one night I could sit and weave in the ends while it kept me warm.  Never even took it out of the bag (*head hung in shame*)
  2.  Due to the MESS in my living room there’s no way on earth I’m digging through to get into my yarn closet to tonight….well, I could….there will just be a bigger mess come Saturday morning!

I think I better stick to some of what I’ve already got going on.  BUT as soon as I can walk right up to my yarn closet and open the door again – I’m making this blanket!!  I just LOVE it!

Maybe I’ll map out my colors in Excel today – nerdy, I know ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment