Monday, April 16, 2012

Keeping Busy

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope that you all had a great weekend.  The weather here was pretty fantastic (around 85 and sunny yesterday) which meant that my mornings were spent enjoying the sunshine from the balcony, but by mid-afternoon we were roasting.  No breeze coming through our open windows leads to reason 502* that I hate apartment living - out a/c isn't on yet!  Was very happy to leave for work this morning  for no other reason than turning the a/c in the Jeep!

After spending nights last week starting a new blanket, Friday night and part of Saturday crocheting away on my current projects, I woke up yesterday morning with the urge to sew.  I enjoyed a couple of hours of sun, ran a couple of miles with Jonathan, and came home and picked up the apartment.  By then it was 3 p.m. and I was a feeling overheated from all my hard work on such a warm day.  Neither a shower or glasses of ice water were making me feel much better and by the time I'd vacuumed, the thought of ironing material and then crawling around on the floor to cut out the pants, shorts and pillow cases I was ready to sew this week made me feel even worse.  I hoping to sew next weekend (maybe I'll even try and get the pesky ironing step out of the way this week after work)

By the time the sun set yesterday evening I still couldn't rally and do much of anything, but try and lay comfortably on either the couch or bed.  This of course didn't make for the best night's sleep, but I'll hopefully find enough energy tonight after work to take some photos of my current progress (before it gets dark) and continue my work during DWTS and Smash.

Speaking of - has anyone been watching Smash in it's maiden season? I wasn't 100% on it to begin with but oh my goodness has it become addicting for me!  I have found though that the only people who enjoy the show are those who grew up doing theatre but didn't chose it as a profession.  I love the drama (and the songs!)

*If anyone was interested, reason 501 that I HATE apartment living it would be the women who tried to get onto a full elevator one day last week at the 2nd floor and proceeded to yell at me for having too big of a bag with me (mind you, my work bag is smaller than most carry luggage).

Lastly, I have been keeping very busy reading.  I finally picked up "The Lucky One", my Nicholas Sparks after the frequently aired promos for the movie.  I could barely put the book down once I got about 1/3 of the way though - best Nicholas Sparks book since "The Notebook" if you ask me.  Probably won't be able to convince anyone to go see the movie with me in the movie theatres so I'll have to be patient and wait for it to come out on DVD!  For Easter, my parents were were nice enough to purchase the Harry Potter e-books for me for my Kindle!  I just started "Chamber of Secrets" this morning.  I've seen the movies a bizillion times at this point making the books extra easy reads but fun none-the-less as there is a lot that is left out of the movies (I know, because they couldn't make 10 hour long movies for kids).  I'm doing my best to keep my Book Worm list up to date for 2012 if anyone is looking for a good book, that's an easy read - those are pretty much all I read at the end of a work day.  Not to mention, there's nothing better than a fluffy romance novel at the pool, those come next!

2 comments:

  1. First, I love Harry Potter!

    Second, I haven't seen Smash, but I grew up doing theater, so I bet I would love it. I keep meaning to watch it!

    Lastly, was the ending for the Lucky One good? Or was it more like A Walk to Remember? I don't like sad endings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good week. I hope you can get some of your sewing done soon.

    ReplyDelete