While I am not fortunate enough to get a Spring, Summer, or Winter break at this stage of my life (seriously, to those who want to complain that they’re breaks are over, be thankful that you have them – some of us are stuck working all 12 months!), Jonathan and I do always try to find a week during the summer to get out of town! DC has what can only be described as an oppressively humid Summer so time on the beach is ALWAYS welcome! We’ve spent many weeks in Southern Florida in August over the years, and have checked temperature daily – typically about 10 degrees cooler on the beach thanks to the lovely breeze off the Gulf….not to mention spending the day in a biniki and flip flops is totally acceptable!
Our first vacation together in FMB - back in August of 2005!!!
I’m happy to report that this year’s trip is quickly approaching – by this time next month I will hopefully be sitting on the beach with a biiiiiig cocktail in my hand. Nothing better in my book!
Ft. Myer’s Beach – HERE WE COME! I am so looking forward to 8 ½ days, 8 nights on the beach with the sweetest guy I know. Spending our days enjoying Estero, Sanibel and Capitva Islands, mid-day naps, the foods of SOB, Doc Ford’s, and the Mucky Duck to name a few, and the gorgeous sunsets over Sanibel Island.
I love enjoying the gorgeous sunsets from the sandbar!
The entire summer and remainder of 2012 is going to go sailing by on me at this point.
“Why?”, you may ask? Well –
- Prior to May 18th – pack up my cube and files at work in preparation for an office move
- May 18th – day off from work to travel down to Stafford, VA for a family wedding
- May 20th – Mount VernonSpring Wine Festival and Sunset Tour with friends
- Memorial Day weekend – drive home Friday 5/25 at 2 p.m. when my office closes, spend a little time with my family (that I haven’t seen since Christmas), drive both the convertible and Jeep back to MD on Monday 5/28
- Work May 29th-May 31st
- Leave after work on May 31st for Ft. Myers Beach, FL – see ya’ll on June 11th!
- July 20th – day off from work to head home to celebrate the wedding of a couple of good friends
- August 3rd – IDINA MENZEL at Wolf Trap to start the celebration weekend of 1 year of Wedded Bliss (How can it already almost be a year ago that we got married?!?!?!)
- August 23rd-August 27th – trip to CNY to spend a long weekend with my Mom and Dad
- September 1st – beginning of my “black out” period for any time out of the office through the end of the year!
See? Now, add in the fact that this is likely our last summer in the region, and I think we’re going to be very busy!