Monday, October 17, 2011

Quick update

Hi everyone!  Seems like it's been forever doesn't?  I'm sorry about that - life has gotten in the way of me doing fun things like blogging!  I've still been crocheting, I just haven't had too many lunch breaks over the past 2 weeks (and when I have, I've been spending all my time reading YOUR blogs to catch up!)

Instead of continuing to hold onto some pictures I've taken in the past 3 weeks, I figured I'd just to a quick run through today before my lunch hour is up!

Here is the completed Eggplant Infinity (made scarf with THIS pattern) and Hat which was given to a co-worker on her last day

This black hat is identical to the Eggplant one above and was given to my friend Amanda for her birthday, I was only like 2 weeks late too :-)

This awesome tower of cotton (my apologies for the HORRIBLE cell phone picture.  This is proof of what can happen when you race to take pictures at like 7 a.m. on a cloudy week day morning!) was purchased at AC Moore back in September at prices that were close to them paying me to take it out of the store!  Okay, so there were $3-something a piece but considering how much I'll be able to crochet with them (and potentially sell finished projects like spa cloths for Christmas gifts) I'll definitely be making some $$$

Some time as been spent on a Christmas gift that I don't want to share until it's completed...

Yesterday morning I had the "crochet bug" and spent a couple of hours on the couch crocheting while enjoying my coffee* and catching up on some of my TV shows.

First I finished up this:
I'm officially ready to do dishes this holiday season!

I then took this stuff....

and made this!
is that "punkin'" not the cutest thing you've ever seen?  Seriously I can't get enough of it's cuteness!  I actually wanted bigger pumpkins for my Autumn decorations so this little guy came into work with me today and was donated to our dept holiday decorations.  It's a hit.

The "square" that the punkin' is sitting on is the start of another Timeout Cowl - this one is for my Mom's birthday next month.  It's now about double the size shown above, but no additional pictures have been taken.

*2 updates on the food-front:

  1. If you're a fan of Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes, try and find International Delights Pumpkin Pie Spice creamer.  With good coffee and Splenda I think it takes JUST like a Pumpkin Spice Latte!  This is going to save me loads this fall!!
  2. I made Megan's Broccoli Cheese Soup for dinner last night and it was a hit!  It's so yummy and only calls for 1 cup of milk.  I love this vs. many other cream based soup recipes that want you to use cream etc.  I had leftovers for lunch today and I'm ready to make it again!  We will definitely be having more of this over the course of fall/winter as well!
Happy Monday everyone!  I hope that you all enjoyed the wonderful fall weather that many of us had over the weekend :-)

5 comments:

  1. You've certainly been busy. Great deal on the cotton yarns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great price on those yarns! Wish I could find such great deals around here... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everything looks amazing! What cool yarn that is, and what big skeins! :)
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pumpkin! I made one last year using Planet June's (free) pattern and LOVED the final product. And nice work on finding the yarn so cheap, i LOVE deals like that! Also, glad you liked my soup! Thanks for linking to it!

    ReplyDelete