I really want this blanket to be done. Like seriously, I need it to be finished. And I have never felt this way about something I'm working on. I'm just REALLY over it.
I had made great progress last weekend, just had 4 or 5 squares to go by Sunday evening and I told myself I would work on them a little bit each night after work and then I'd be ready to sew by the weekend. Well, then Monday came and went and slowly became Tuesday, etc. Needless to say I didn't touch the yarn or pick up my crochet hook once during the week. I usually leave the project I'm working on out so it's somewhat visible to me when I'm being lazy and just laying there watching TV. I actually left this all on the chaise and I still didn't touch, I just laid around it!
Friday night into Saturday morning I finished up crocheting the squares and got the first round of sewing ends completed!
Here they are - 49 finished squares.....they all look so sunny and happy here - even though it was raining I feel like there were positive vibes out there for the fact that soon this dreaded blanket would be done! I couldn't wait to get them laid out and see what the pattern I had in my head was gonna look like. First I had to pick up so I could vacuum. By 4 p.m. I was finally finished with my house chores and was able to get everything laid out before it got too dark.
What do you think? I'm pretty sure I like it..... Considering that when I bought the yarn this wasn't what I was planning on making, and the dk. green came from my own yarn collection once my first pattern wasn't cutting it. Now to sew everything together......
Yup, sorta an "out of sight, out of mind" moment that I had last night. I'm thoroughly annoyed with the whole thing and again, just REALLY want it to be finished! Since this pattern wasn't what I was planning when I bought the yarn, I should have just taken it all back and started fresh. 4 colors, 3 different brands (even though they're all worsted weight) and now that they're sewn together you can totally tell. UGH!!!!!!!! All the sewing part is done, and I got to crocheting together the final strips but I was just so annoyed with how it looks and the fact that it's not flat I just gave up! I'm really hoping that when I finish getting everything together and get a border around it, it's either going to just magically look better or I can tug on it a little and get things lookin' less lumpy. Who knows maybe lumpy will be a good look! If anyone has any ideas or suggestions as to a quick fix that doesn't require me tearing anything apart, PLEASE let me know!
Since I gave up on this yesterday afternoon, and we were getting ready to watch a movie last night I decided I needed to find something a little less stressful to make and help keep me awake! This was the point where I was super happy to have spent the time I did on Saturday reorganizing the mess of yarn I had out in the living room and really got my "to-do" projects back in order.
Here's the hat I made during the 2nd Harry Potter movie:
I was on such a roll that I started the next one too!
Hopefully by the time I'm done giving that darn blanket the stink eye all week I'll be able to buckle down and finish it next weekend!
Lesson learned: no matter how good you think you are, or how many times you tell yourself you'll make it work with the yarn you got to save some $$, STOP what you're doing, get in the car, take it all back and get yourself all the same brand of yarn for the project!