Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Moody Monday - week 5


As you can see below, MOODY is a pretty darn good word for how I have been feeling over the past 7 days!!!

1/27: ANXIOUS - due to some totally unexpected, and unforeseen news at work, I spent most of last Monday evening in a state of shock, disbelief, anger and sadness.  As of today, things still aren't totally straightened out, but I am trying to keep a "things happen for a reason" attitude, and I am overwhelmingly thankful for my amazingly supportive and loving husband and family.
1/28: ANGRY/LOVED - Monday's news spilled right into Tuesday, but in the form of anger that I haven't experienced in quite some time.  I have to say that Jonathan has been just amazing all week long.  I mean, he is ALWAYS amazing and ALWAYS makes me feel loved, but he's managed to go above and beyond as we deal with all the emotions of the past week.  He truly is the biggest blessing of my life.  And the best.
1/29: *FREEZING - I'm not convinced this winter will ever end, and I'm pretty sure most of you would agree with me on this!  The cold on Wednesday just seeped into my bones and I never really warmed up in the office all day.

*Freezing is one of my new "weather related" moods that I added in when I found the perfect shade of ice blue in my stash this weekend.  I'm saving this for days when the space heater has to be on at work all day, or I'm sitting in the house in 5 layers and still can't warm up!
1/30: STRESSED/ANXIOUS - Sometimes I think I take on too much.  Most would definitely say that I do, but I'm rarely willing to admit this.  Thursday was one of those days.  I was panicking about work that I needed to complete for my newest job (I technically count 4 jobs these days - one of these days I should maybe break that down for you....).  I spent Thursday's lunch hour from my full-time job doing work for that night, just to find out around 5:30 p.m. that it was a total waste of my time!  Okay; not a total waste, but I could have more productively used my day if I'd know how the evening was going to pan out.  

Vague yes....but there's so much to share that's not necessary for the subject of today's post.  soon, perhaps?  Yes, I'll try for soon.

1/31: NOT FEELING WELL/TIRED - I suppose it's not surprise after the level of stress I was under last week, that I woke up feeling pretty poopy on Friday morning.  Yes, poopy is the technical/clinical term for "I kinda feel sick, but I'm not so sick that I can't go to work, but if I did stay home and sleep all day I'd probably get over this faster than going to work, but I don't feel bad enough that if I did take a sick day I wouldn't spend the entire day feeling guilty that I'm not 'sick enough' to have taken said sick day".  Did you not know that this type of sickness is called "to feel poopy" by medical professionals all over the world?  No?  Well, that's what I call it!

I'm exhausted by the repetitiveness of this past week just in typing this recap.  I'm going back to what I said initially - what.a.week.

2/1: STRESSED - I try to do the heavy lifting of my weekend "chores" on Saturday (errands, laundry, cleaning, unpacking/organizing), leaving me with Sunday to relax, enjoy and crochet as much as possible!  There's almost always too much that I try to pack into Saturdays, and this past one was no different.  We started our day getting up early, going to Wegmans to Super Bowl grocery shop, met my Dad at Home Depot to buy the final fully assembled cabinet for my Craft Room, then I parted ways as Jonathan and Dad went back to the house I continued with the errands that needed to be run by going to Sam's Club and Walmart.  We left that house that morning a little after 9, and it was 2:30 before I was driving home in the rain with a full Jeep of bags that needed to get into the house.  I got everything inside, and I had no more dried off, and started the past week's laundry when my Dad asked if I wanted to drive back into town with he and Jonathan to look at some tool at Sears.  I agreed as I needed to make a return at the mall anyway (and figured this would save me the trip into town the following day).  Back into town we drove, they went to Sears, I did my return, Jonathan purchased his new tool and then the two of us headed over to Office Max - the last stop on my weekend errand list (I needed index tabs for my pattern organization project).  Needless to say, by the time we got home (around 4:30), I wouldn't have done any laundry if the dryer didn't have a new mattress cover in it and the washer wasn't full of wet bedding.  I made the executive decision to not do any additional laundry that night but was left feeling frustrated that every weekend is the same, and I never have the time I want/need to crochet!!
2/2: HAPPY - Sunday morning my Momma came to hang out!  It's been an interesting transition with our moving home how little I really get to see her.  Between her taking care of Grannie over the summer, her work schedule, my work schedule(s) and the "distance" between our houses, we definitely don't see each other as much as either of us thought we would once I moved back home.  Yes, I'm now 17 miles away, not 400 miles away, but it's not the quick trip down the road either - even if I were to "swing by" on my way home from work, I still have 25 minutes to get home after.  I work about 8 miles away from my parents house, so I do make a point to go have lunch there on the weekdays that my Mom is either off from work, or doesn't go in until later in the day.  When a rare weekend day comes up that she's off, we definitely try to meet up.  This time it involved her coming to our house and while we didn't do much more than finish my laundry and talk with my Dad and Jonathan about design stuff for my Craft Room it was nice to have her there, and I look forward to the next weekend day she has off where she can come up and we can just watch movies and do crafts together!

So you're all excited to see what my blanket looks like now that we're into the 2nd month of 2014, right!?!  

At the moment it's basically a stack of could-be coasters waiting for their ends to be taken care of!

I'm struggling to take the time daily to find the right color of yarn and just make one hexagon, so moving forward I am going to set aside the time on Sunday to make the previous week's hexagons per my notes that I take throughout the week.  Of course, I waited until the last minute to do everything for last week, and I ran out of time!  I still have 3 to finish for last week, not to mention most of January that still hasn't been crocheted!  Plus there are ends to weave in, and I need to make a final decision on how I want.

This is week 5 as of 10:30 p.m. Monday evening.  Hopeful I will have 7 hexagons by my Two-on-Tuesday post...

I know I'm not the only one out there who feels there are NEVER enough hours in the day/week/their lifetime to crochet everything they want to make, so for all of us, I'll like to put in a request for a few more hours added to each day to give us our rightful time to crochet!!

And yes, one of these weeks I will accurately hit PUBLISH at the end of the night, not SAVE


  1. Sorry to hear about the stress at work - I hope everything works out for you. And I hope that you are feeling better. :)

  2. Pretty! And yes, there are never enough hours in the day.

    Oh and we got a second pup. Thanks. lol

    1. bahahahahaha no way!!! I wanna see pictures!!

  3. Love your description of 'feeling poopy.' So accurate!
    Sorry Saturday was so stressful and that the beginning of the week started it off so poorly. =( Glad it finished well with some good family time!!