Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weekend Project


Here is a picture of what I worked on for a good portion of the long weekend. Now, I know I had to return to work yesterday, but I forgot to take a picture of it yesterday morning and I went shopping after work last night so I haven't put any work into it since Monday evening. You can even see right at the bottom where my hook is hanging off and I had stopped that row of green on Monday night because I just couldn't keep going - my wrist was offically "off the clock"!
The blanket is gonna be for Mom and it's just one giant Granny square. As you know from some of my summer posts, I did start a blanket for myself for reading on the patio but I never came close to finishing it (as of yet). Ever since Mom gave Grannie and I our blankets for Christmas I have been determined to start crocheting blankets too. I'm never one to be out crafted! I've had the yarn for this for at least the last 6 months and had planned on having this made for her for Christmas, after not having it done for her birthday.....clearly neither happened. I started the first 2-3 rounds on Friday night, first w/ a smaller hook but by round 4 found myself starting over because I didn't like how tight it was turning out. Everything is Red Heart SuperSaver, one skein of each of the 6 colors needed and a K hook. It's 37 rounds before I start to just add some rows to opposing ends to make it a rectangle and then add on the border. Right now I believe we're looking at around 17 or 18 rounds. Unfortunately, after the completion of each round, the next one is a bit bigger, 16 stitches each time to be exact so as you can imagine it starts taking longer and longer to get around the square once more. Right now it's taking me about 30-45 minutes to get around once so my progress isn't as evident as before.
I'm still having lots of fun though and I really like how it's coming out. Definitely not taking me as long to make a blanket as I thought it would and I already have many MANY plans for more blankets I want to make for me, Jon, Grannie and others! I've even bought the yarn/picked out the colored for most of them.
Good thing crafty Saturday is coming up cause I clearly have a lot of work to do! I'll post a new pic on Monday to see how I do.
Would be happy to share the pattern as well as the colors I'm using with anyone who is interested in having, just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment