Friday, August 15, 2008

I actaully like DC???

At the end of my first week back at work after vacation, I sit here and recall actually not being totally depressed about coming back to DC this year. Now don't get me wrong, I wasn't excited to have to leave Florida and the beach, not to mention jump in my non-air conditioned car and drive for 17 hours, but I wasn't depressed about it this year which for me, was a HUGE deal! As our week in Ft. Myers played out, I kept saying to Jon, "remember how upset I was last year about having to come back and I'd cry every morning as we walked on the beach??" Yes, for those of you who didn't know it, I almost called up Lucky at that point and quit on the spot so I wouldn't have to leave Florida - I had my reasons since then to leave Lucky Brand, yet such heart for such an amazing company that I just couldn't do it, well not until December when I could do it no more.
Anyhow, we got in the Kia around 4:30 on Saturday night, stopped at Smokin' Oyster Brewery one final time for what was seriously the biggest meal I think we have ever had in Florida and were crossing the bridge back onto the main land by 5:30. It of course was sad to leave, I was saying goodbye to landmarks, the island and ocean but we made it through our over night drive, without stopping at the hotel this year and were back in DC around 10:40 Sunday morning. It was really unreal for me to be driving across Calvert Bridge and think, "tomorrow I get to walk across this on my way home from work", and I was happy! Everyone knows that I've probably never been fully happy with living in DC for what has become a current long time, but I was happy probably for the first time to be back - to be back to my familiar day to day, to our new townhouse and even the light familiarity of that.
Of course by Sunday night, no one is ever happy to know it's time to go to bed cause you have to get up early the next morning, I was no exception. First day back to work wasn't too bad, lots of catch up to to, things were fine until I started feeling sick and the feeling didn't go away. No, it didn't go away during the commute home, Monday night or by Tuesday morning when I had to make the decision to take a sick day. I was back to work on Wednesday but didn't really feel great until yesterday (Thursday). Yesterday was probably the longest, busiest, challenging day that I have had in my 4 months at CEB, and I can't deny the fact that I was loving it...........
I don't really know what else there is to be said about it, except for the fact that for the first time, in what's been a very long time, I am very happy and it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment