Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Preview of the Burgard Wedding Weekend

I am back in DC, back to work today and can barely keep my eyes open right now. It's only 10:42, I've been up since 6 and don't know how I'll make it till lunch time, let alone 5:00 right now, but I'm trying to keep busy so I don't just pass out, hit my head and have no one even notice that I've disappeared until the desk of the cubicle I'm sitting at today.

What a fun, crazy weekend we had for the Deshaies-Burgard wedding celebration in Manchester/Sandown/Candia, New Hampshire!

For starters, the 7 hr and 22 min drive up to NH on Friday that I started at 5:38 a.m., after getting out of bed at 4 a.m., took 10 hours and 46 minutes. Friday night we just went to Donna's and help w/ the flowers and then crashed pretty early.

Saturday was a whirlwind with the Rehearsal at 9 a.m. (quite chilly), Bridal Luncheon at 11:30, nails with the girls and then Rehearsal Dinner at 6 p.m. It went by sooooooooooooo fast, but was a lot of fun.

I spent 90% of Sunday morning fighting w/ the bitch at the front desk at the Holiday Inn Express (don't worry, and email and letter of complaint are in draft stages) over getting into the suite that Jonathan and Talana would be spending their wedding night in so I could decorate. The other 10% of the time was spent getting everything packed up, and my hair in curlers to head over to the Venue by 2. Spent the afternoon w/ the girls getting ready, and getting T ready for her wedding day. From the moment we all say her in her GORGEOUS dress, the tears didn't really stop until the ceremony was over! Talana looked so perfect and so gorgeous, I can't wait to see her professional photos!

Now apparently, T and Jonathan went to Canida like a year ago to the date and the weather was in the mid to high 60s, possibly low 70s. It was barely 50 degrees on Sunday at 5 p.m. w/ quite the breeze. As you'll see by my pictures in this post, we were NOT dressed for such weather at an outdoor wedding! We all froze and shivered and shook during the ceremony. The more I cried, the colder I was!
Here are Tiff, myself and Jennine looking beautiful in our coats in between Bridal Party pics after the ceremony. Could not feel my feet, toes, arms or hands at this point!
All of the girls: Tiff, myself, Jennine and Nicole w/ the boys: Brian, Jonathan and Dave while we were doing Photos


And a nice shot of Jon being a little creepy more than romantic! lol
We had an amazing time at the reception as well, these pictures I stole from Jennine (MOH) cause I haven't had time to upload my photos off my camera yet! Hopefully tonight.
The gorgeous head table that Talana did, including all the center pieces!


Jennine and I at dinner, a little blurry, but still looking cute!


Jon and I after he caught the garter and I caught the bouquet ("apparently" it wasn't planned, I'm still not convinced lol) and the DJ made Jon dance for my approval :-)


Dancin' the night away with new friends!


Trying to convince Gabby that we all look like idiots on the dance floor, she doesn't really look at convinced does she? (Jr. Bridesmaid on the left w/o the glowstick microphone lol)


Jennine and I w/ Ann Marie (Diva) and LaVerne




Photo taken w/ my cell (hence the yucky coloring) cause I wanted to send to Mom.


Oh and we drove back yesterday, only took us 9 hours and 46 minutes this time around......ugh I don't think I'll ever drive to NH again regardless of what Google Maps tell me and I never want to enter the state of Connecticut again!

No comments:

Post a Comment