Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Returning for 2009

Wow, it's been awhile since I've gotten on here to write something.  I've gotten on to read friend's blogs, I've updated my layout both for Christmas and once again, but never took the time to type something up.  Seems like today is just as good a day as any (that and I am desperate for something to keep me from staring into space while I eat my salad at my desk!)

First of all, I want to share the following joke with you.
A blonde walks into a bank in New York City and asks for the Loan officer. She says she’s going to Europe on business for two weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.
The bank officer says the bank will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a new Mercedes Benz SL 500.
The car is parked on the street in front of the bank, she has the title and everything checks out. The bank agrees to accept the car collateral for the loan.
The bank’s president and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the blond for using a $110,000 Benz as collateral against a $5,000 loan.
An employee of the bank then proceeds to drive the Benz into the bank’s underground garage and parks it there. Two weeks later, the blonde returns, repays the $5,000 and the interest, which comes to $15.41.
The loan officer says, “Miss, we are very happy to have had your business, and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and found that you are a multimillionaire.
What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow $5,000?”
The blonde replies, “Where else in New York City can I park my Car for two weeks for only $15.41 and expect it to be there when I return?”

:-)  I think this is pretty fantastic!  A shout out to Kelly for posting on Facebook - this definitely put a smile on my face!

Things that have been going on since I last posted anything:
  1. Had a wonderful 25th birthday.  Jonathan took me out for the most amazing dinner I've ever had in my life at CityZen - the day was perfect, thanks to him!
  2. Jon and I made it home safely for Christmas after getting the Kia fixed in DC (on my birthday).  Christmas was busier than ever this year - with Mom working everyday up until Christmas Eve and Grannie having just been home from Greenhurst for about 2 weeks at the time, this pretty much left all preparations for Christmas Eve up to me.  I went over every day and helped Grannie get out dishes, plate food for the buffet table, dust and vacuum the downstairs and shovel her driveway.  By the 26th I was exhausted and I did nothing for the next 2 days.  Of course, as many of you know, it turned out that my fix to the Kia in DC was not fully appropriate and I had been burning and leaking oil pretty badly for the entire drive home from DC and throughout Jamestown.  The leak was coming from the front of my engine and getting this fixed last minute, quickly was not an option.  Instead of driving home on the Sunday after Christmas, we had to wait until New Years Eve Day.  I worked from home on Monday and Tuesday and Jon went into the Jamestown office, and after 2 days stuck at home, I was ready to get back to DC, even if it meant that I had to drive in snow for almost 300 miles.  New Years Eve was also fun, we hung out with some friends and made some new ones as well, ringing in 2009 which is the year that I want to be the best!  I didn't make any resolutions this year, I feel like I never keep up on them anyway.  I just want to have an amazing year - more of  wish than a resolution but 2008 was rocking, rough, challenging and straight up hard for me to deal with, so I am ready for something great!
  3. Black Ice is NOT my friend.  Last Thursday I slipped on black ice on the pool deck when leaving for work, went down pretty hard on my left hip and continued falling until I cracked my head pretty hard on the corner of a concrete wall.  I made it to work after going back in the TH to tell Jonathan what had happened, cried some, took some Excedrin and ate a banana.  After getting in my car and out of the garage, I wasn't convinced that I could drive to work, so I went around the block like 3 times while talking to my mom trying to decide if getting on Rock Creek was the best idea.  Well, if all that hadn't happened, I would have been mad on time for work cause I was still only about 15 minutes late and I ended up staying all day.  The bump on my head was the size of a grapefruit and my hip was killing me but I got in an honest days work.  Friday morning I got up early to get Jon off on his trip and I could barely walk.  After dropping Jon off, I got myself laid up on my couch with my laptop and worked from home all day w/o ever really getting up.  I hurt, and I hurt bad.  I was going to try and see my chiropractor, but the muscles in my back were so tender that I could barely touch them - not the best time to have a chiro/PT therapist work on my back.
  4. The snow finally stopped falling to heavily in Jamestown by 9:30ish on Friday morning and Mom was able to load up her car and start the drive to DC for the weekend.  She got in around 6:30 and we had a wonderful, relaxing weekend.  We never left the apartment and on Sunday and I didn't even take off my pjs until like 7 when I decided to take a bath.  We spent hours working on cookbook organization, typing and printing recipes and it was great!  Mom left on Monday, last night was very lonely all my my self.
  5. Jon has been in China since, well he left DC on Friday morning so he got into China on Saturday night, Beijing time.  I miss him lots, it's very hard with a 13 hour time difference to get and talk with the person you are used to waking up to every morning.  We do talk for about 2 minutes every night (morning for him) and he will be back on Saturday, which I am impatiently waiting for.
  6. The inauguration is just 1 week away - crazy.  Seems like it was just yesterday that Obama had won and now here were are at this amazing day where he takes office, well almost.  Our offices in DC are closed due to all bridges in and out of VA will be closed, so with MLK day on Monday, we're talking about a 4 day weekend baby!  No travel, just my boy coming home, sooooooooooooo excited!
I guess there's nothing else new, expect for that fact that I should get back to work!  I miss the days where every morning while I showered and got ready for work I would think of this amazing topic that I wanted to blog about - doesn't happen anymore, maybe I'm always late and racing or just have too many other things on my mind.....hmmmm

Miss him so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment