Then I reread them
1. I have made a LOT of progress on one of the baby blankets. Unfortunately it's taking longer than I anticipated given it's size, and had to rip out almost the top 1/3 because I needed to go down a hook size to get closer to a square. This is before I started my "ruffly" border. Have any of you ever crocheted a ruffle border? It looks adorable, but good golly it's taking me forever!!!
2. Basically haven't touched by craft room since my original post about January Goals. Started out giving myself an F on this, because it felt like I deserved one, but I did get [almost] all of my yarn put away early in January, and I have been able to get in there to access yarn when needed, so I'm not calling it a complete failure!
3. Eh. Early January I put away our Christmas decorations and got out my Valentine's Day stuff - which was amazing because I hadn't seen any of it since 2013, possibly 2012 (I can no longer remember which holiday I decided to make my last with decorations pre-move to WNY). We also got our coffee pot set up with the fridge, but has been more hassle that it's worth when we don't have any water access on our side of the house just yet. But the fridge is nice to keep beverages cold from when we're watching TV! My in-laws left to go south for the next 3 months last Wednesday, so we primarily spend our evenings watching home downstairs in their living room since our pups are down there, and they have cable, which we do not on our side of the house!
4. The pattern continues - I haven't opened my gift-giving spreadsheet 1/8/15 (according to the last time it was saved). I've had gift ideas running through my head for Valentine's, and Jon's birthday which is in March, but I haven't taken (or HAD) the time to go in and add things in as I think about them.
5. TOTAL SUCCESS! On January 11th Jon and I went skiing for our first time together as a couple, and my first time in almost FOURTEEN years! The lift tickets that were removed from an old ski coat that still fits me were from March 2001. Craziness. My equipment is pretty old. No joke, my skiis were likely purchased around 1997 and are JUNIORS skis. Jon wanted to buy me new gear this year, but I told him it made more sense for me to ski with what I had (once it was graced by the local Ski Shop) this year to make sure I was still going to ENJOY skiing - after all, 13+ years is a very long time. Well, I loved it! After making Jon go down the Bunny Hill with me twice I was off and skied every run at Peek'n Peak that Sunday night. It was as much fun as I remember skiing, if not more! And I was skiing better than I ever remember skiing in high school. I couldn't wait to go back. We went back on the 18th with another couple, and I did not have the best of times. It was super icy which I've always hated, and it made my knees very sore. I ended up having to call it quits before anyone else was really ready to, but I was skiing terribly and didn't want to get hurt. Our third trip skiing didn't happen until this past Saturday. We went with the same couple as before, but this time we did a day trip up to to Holiday Valley. It was AMAZING. Just enough fresh snow to have an amazing time! The next time we go, I want to rent equipment so I can try out a pair of parabolic skis. Don't know when it's going to exactly be, but I.CAN'T.WAIT.
Hard to believe it's already February, isn't it? I'd originally planned to do my January recap and February Goals as separate posts as to not make either too long, but it's already the 3rd of February so bare with me, cause I'm plugging along!
1. I wasn't 100% successful in January, but I can't give up now! Realistically I doubt I'll finish all 3 with such a short month, but hey, a girl can dream [crazy dreams] right? right.
2. I feel as though I've talked about this before, but last November after our whirlwind trip to NYC I felt amazingly rejuvenated. On the drive back to Panama we were discussing this weightless feeling that I had, and we talked about saying that one day over every weekend would just be about us. Maybe a little laundry if need be, and it could be with another couple but no remodeling with my dad, no major overhauls of rooms, etc. Just Jonathan and Holly time. We're not always the best and keeping true to this every weekend, so I'm hopeful that 4 consistant weekend's this month could make it a habit!
3. I'm tired of feeling like I live in a mess. Overall it's not going anywhere anytime soon, but I'd just like to feel like there aren't piles of clothes waiting to be put away in the bedroom and piles of yarn stacked on the caught and a mess lining the walkway in the hall and projects that are way overdo that I still don't have done. Just want to feel more on top of things come March 1st!
4. I've definitely caught the bug, and want to keep skiing while the weather is good. Yesterday I totally wanted to play hooky and go skiing in all that amazing snow we got over night, but I was a good girl and went to work. I definitely foresee Jonathan/Holly time in February also being skiing time. And I'm okay with that!
5. This one probably got a big WHY out of many of you. Well, the next show that I'm going to be in is "Boeing Boeing" this March at the Lucille Ball Little Theatre of Jamestown. I'll be playing Gretchen, the German flight attendant. We've just started blocking this week, but I'm very excited about the challenge of this part, and being apart of this hilarious production.
Here's a peak at the Broadway revival in which Mary McCommack portrayed Gretchen and recived a Tony nomination:
^This 2nd video is better, but Blogger won't let me embed this, but please, take the 4 minutes to go in and watch it, you will not be disappointed!
So there you have it. I'm going to try my best to work on all of these goals during the next couple of weeks, but it's not surprise that rehearsals are going to take up a lot of my time, especially in the evenings. Add to it that I'm also working to choreograph not 1 but 2 different high school musicals ("Damn Yankees" and "Anything Goes") which both open in March. Throw pesky little work in there, and the fact that I actually need to sleep and my schedule is F-U-L-L